- This project involves the transformation of Leigh Creek from a former government owned and company-controlled town to an open public town.
- This process includes:
- a new town management model with wider representation from the northern Flinders Ranges communities to be explored and determined during the transformation period;
- the demolition of houses and commercial structures and decommissioning of infrastructure in line with new Town Plan;
- a process for the sale of residential and commercial properties prioritising current lease holders and residents;
- a new purpose-built health and ambulance facility for the region; and
- upgrade of the critical aerodrome, including resurfacing of runways, new fencing and upgraded navigation system.
17 Jun 2021 3:20 am