30 - 40
- A contract with Next Generation Electrical will see a $9 million upgrade to the remote electricity generation site at Umuwa and a transition from reliance on diesel generators to low carbon off-grid power.
- The upgraded Central Power House (CPH) will see the introduction of more advanced technologies to improve network visibility at the remote site, as well as substantially reducing emissions and costs associated with diesel use and freight.
- This remotely monitored technology provides enhanced real-time fault analysis and will increase the reliability of supply and assist in reducing the length of unplanned outages.
- The upgraded CPH will deliver 3 MW of solar photovoltaic panels, 1 MW of battery storage capacity, 4.4 GWh of clean renewable electricity to local communities each year and save approximately 1 million litres of diesel a year.
- This project is estimated to create between 30 - 40 jobs during construction.
14 Jun 2021 12:02 pm