- This scheme involves introducing of a range of measures to improve supply and reduce system demand of electricity in remote communities.
- This includes upgrading electricity meters with new smart meters that will help to improve energy efficiency and service delivery across the network.
- The program will also introduce flexible payment options for customers
- The program will be complemented by an upgrade of the Central Power House at Umawa, that will comprise 3 megawatts of solar photovoltaic panels and 1 megawatt of battery storage capacity, and will deliver 4.4 gigawatt hours of clean energy and reduce the amount of diesel used by 1 million litres per annum, continuing our commitment to lowering energy costs for all South Australians.
- Twenty-eight remote communities across South Australia will receive cheaper electricity after the State Government reduced tariffs for 2020-21 under the Remote Area Energy Supply (RAES) scheme.
17 Jun 2021 2:21 am