- The State Government is investing $6 million in the creation of the Wild South Coast Way on the Heysen Trail.
- This project will deliver a new multi-day walk in the Fleurieu Peninsula and connect the parks along the state’s southern coastline.
- The project includes:
- upgrades to Heysen Trail from Deep Creek Conservation Park to Victor Harbor;
- new and improved hike-in campgrounds between Cape Jervis and Victor Harbor;
- new day visitor facilities at Deep Creek Conservation Park;
- upgrade to roads in Deep Creek Conservation Park;
- upgrade to existing Deep Creek Conservation Park campgrounds;
- creation of a new universally-accessible Class 1 walking trail in Deep Creek Conservation Park;
- activation of nature-based tourism experiences; and
- upgraded signage
25 Jun 2021 12:40 am