- GigCity is connecting businesses in Whyalla to ultra-fast and affordable gigabit internet.
- The State Government has invested $1 million for GigCity Mount Gambier and Whyalla. The total funding for the GigCity program across regional and metropolitan South Australia is $9.7 million.
- Funded by the State Government and delivered by Wide Networks, GigCity is helping businesses to strengthen their capability and connectivity and thrive in the digital economy.
- GigCity is installing a network of access points across Whyalla’s city centre, enabling businesses to connect within 350 metres of a wireless base station.
- Providing access to fast internet at low cost enables small businesses and entrepreneurs to develop their ideas locally, and across industry sectors that require access to high bandwidth and reliable internet connectivity.
- GigCity is a key action under the State Government’s Future Industries Exchange for Entrepreneurs (FiXE) strategy.
23 Jun 2021 1:52 am