- A jointly funded project to install 4 new light towers around the oval and relocate 2 floodlight towers to the tennis/netball courts and parking areas.
- The State Government has contributed $87,000 to this project.
- The installation of the new lights around the oval not only means that the footballers can use the whole oval for training, it also opens up the possibility of night football games to attract different members of the public (i.e. weekend workers).
- Additionally, night cricket can recommence, which is a highlight for all the junior players in the cricket association and possible night softball games.
- Additional benefits include the reduction in the amount of sports matches lost to "heat rule" cancellations, proving working parents more options to watch their children play sport in the evening, and the hosting of additional events such as the Christmas carols.
23 Jun 2021 3:27 am