- This jointly funded project is for the construction of new unisex change room facilities, provision of additional and improved disability access/facilities within the change rooms and a raising of the standards to meet the highest levels of safety and provide facilities suitable for regular users across gender, sports and ages.
- The State Government has contributed $400,000 to this project.
- The Encounter Bay Football Club enjoys a proud 98-year playing history in Victor Harbor. Along with the netball and cricket clubs and their members, the football club views the introduction of women’s football teams and vision for female cricket teams, as a catalyst for creating gender equality and to further promote community sports.
- This project will provide new unisex change room facilities to service football, cricket, and netball players playing in the precinct.
- Upgraded kitchen facilities are also included in the redevelopments.
- The facilities also would be available to local schools for use in their sports programs, with the capacity to service elite male and female teams and mobility restricted athletes and support staff.
18 Sep 2021 2:32 pm