- This project is for the upgrade of six courts and installation of floodlighting at Old Talunga Park, Mount Pleasant.
- The State Government has contributed $197,000 to this project.
- The project will result in three compliant netball courts and six full size tennis courts.
- Upgraded courts and lighting increases participation in grassroots netball and tennis across all gender and age cohorts by expanding training and competition opportunities. It ensures player safety through fit-for-purpose upgrades that comply with peak body regulations.
- Developing a community sports precinct in Mount Pleasant supports competitive, social and fundraising activities to keep clubs sustainable at local and association level.
- Consolidated, multi-use infrastructure encourages incidental recreation use for community health and wellbeing.
14 Jun 2021 12:17 pm