- This jointly funded $2.6 million project with the Murray Bridge Council is Stage 1 of a 4 stage masterplan development of a regional indoor/outdoor aquatic and leisure facility.
- The State Government has contributed $1 million to this project.
- Stage 1 included the renovation of the outdoor 50m pool; replacement of the tiled pool with a modular lined pool and wet deck; improved access with a more dignified entrance way to the pool; renovation of existing change rooms incorporating more toilets and showers and improved design of the shared space; upgrades to the plant room and the replacement and upgrade of associated pipework; and renovation of the small pools.
- This development has raised the standard of the whole site to modern day standards both in the treatment of the water and community expectations.
- The facility now caters for all abilities, allowing participation for everyone in the community.
- The usability of the 50m Olympic pool is maintained for regional carnivals, being the only pool of its size in the region.
- The goal of the 4 stage masterplan is to provide a facility that is available all year round, enabling learn to swim classes, access to warm water pool for hydrotherapy, 25m indoor pool for lap swimming, as well as general community visitation and leisure gym facilities.
21 Jun 2021 4:27 pm