- A jointly funded $10.1 million project with support from the Australian Federal Government, State Government, Local Government and private investment.
- The Regional Leisure Centre Stadium Redevelopment project involves the refurbishment and enlargement of existing stadium facilities to increase usage, the number of sports accommodated and provide equitable access for all.
- An additional ‘exhibition’ basketball court, squash courts and multi use spaces enable better utilisation of the existing facility. The project also included the upgrade to the indoor aquatic facilities which was funded by the City of Port Lincoln.
- The State Government has contributed $190,000 and the Federal Government has contributed $4.4 million to this project.
- This project is estimated to support 47 jobs in construction and create an expected 25 ongoing jobs after completion, in addition to using local businesses and supplies, this project will help bring economic prosperity to Port Lincoln for many years to come.
- Port Lincoln is the commercial and services hub for Southern Eyre Peninsula and as such is the hub for sports and recreation with a catchment population of over 21,000 people.
- The redeveloped stadium facility will provide facilities for a wide range of activities and foster greater community use for active recreation and sport.
24 Jun 2021 11:59 pm