- This jointly funded project with the Northern Areas Council is for new change rooms to cater for demand in female sporting participation.
- The State Government has contributed $400,000 to this project.
- The Victoria Park Community Sporting Hub in Jamestown is a key regional sporting facility serving the Mid North and North East of South Australia.
- The main facilities being the regional stadium and the two sporting grounds serve over 2,100 participants annually, with over 1,000 of those participants female.
- By providing such facilities it will ensure that it helps continue the growth of sports which have traditionally been male dominated, but in recent years have had a sharp rise in female participation both nationally and locally.
- The new facilities at Victoria Park help provide a comfortable environment for female participants, further encouraging them to enjoy participating in such sports.
16 Jun 2021 5:38 pm