- A.J. Forster Pty Ltd (South East Pine Sales) was successful in receiving a grant of $88,670 under the Strategic Business Round 2020 of the Government of South Australia’s Regional Growth Fund.
- This project is for the installation of an automated biomass steam generation plant for wood drying.
- The project involves the installation of a boiler and heating furnace system that generates steam energy and uses renewable pine sawdust as its fuel.
- The steam energy will be used to dry wood to the moisture content required to facilitate later value-adding processes in the wood production value stream.
- The pine sawdust used for fuel is a waste by-product of the log sawmilling process on the same manufacturing site.
- The project also involves the installation of steam control automation software to optimise the rate of fuel burn according to the steam energy demand of the wood drying process.
- The Government of South Australia recognises that our regions are fundamental to the success of South Australia’s economy.
- To find out more information on the Regional Growth Fund click here.
23 Jun 2021 3:29 am