- The Royal Zoological Society of SA Incorporated was successful in receiving a grant of $4.55 million under the Strategic Projects Round 2018-19 of the Government of South Australia’s Regional Growth Fund.
- This funding is provided to develop a new Monarto Zoo Visitor Centre.
- The project will leverage Commonwealth funding and support private sector investment to fund Monarto’s new Wild Africa Precinct.
- The new visitor centre will be located on the northwest side of the site which will provide easy access to potential accommodation options.
- As well as educational facilities, the visitor centre will provide new regional catering and retail options with indoor exhibits and a Nature Playground that can be enjoyed by passers-by and the local Murray Bridge community without requiring full entry to the zoo.
- The Government of South Australia recognises that our regions are fundamental to the success of South Australia’s economy.
- To find out more information on the Regional Growth Fund click here.
15 Jun 2021 2:11 pm