- The Outback Communities Authority was successful in receiving a grant of $50,010 under Round 1 of the Government of South Australia’s Regional Growth Fund.
- This project involves upgrading and enhancing tourist facilities at Beltana.
- The project includes building new shelters and shade areas, installing tables and chairs and interpretive signage, landscaping, painting of campgrounds, hall renovations, expanding playgrounds and the development of a tourist hub at Beltana.
- The upgrades will realise improvements to the functionality and aesthetics of amenities for both residents and visitors to the communities of Parachilna, Yunta, Beltana, Glendambo, Iron Knob, Fowlers Bay and Penong.
- Construction work will be carried out by local volunteers, local contractors and Remote Jobs in Communities Program participants, providing job opportunities and economic benefits to the area.
- The Government of South Australia recognises that our regions are fundamental to the success of South Australia’s economy.
- To find out more information on the Regional Growth Fund click here.
17 Jun 2021 1:53 am