up to 500
- A $47.8 million project, jointly funded by the State and Federal Governments, to build a new seawater desalination plant on Kangaroo Island.
- The construction of this plant will increase the security of water supply, improve the quality and expand the network to new customers.
- The new facility will be built near the existing desalination plant at Penneshaw to produce up to two megalitres of safe clean drinking water per day for Islanders, visitors and agricultural use.
- Water produced at the new plant will supplement supply from the current Penneshaw desalination plant and the Middle River Reservoir, reaching across the Island through a connected drinking water network.
- A pipeline will be built to connect the new desalination plant to the Middle River-Kingscote network with capacity to provide drinking water to residents in neighbouring communities through new reticulation mains.
25 Jun 2021 1:01 am