- The State Government committed additional operating funding of $6.9 million over four years to deliver additional chemotherapy services in regional areas.
- The Expanding Country Cancer Services initiative includes:
- Employing additional specialist cancer services staff to support the operation of regional chemotherapy units and expansion of activity, including medical oncologists, cancer care coordinators, clinical pharmacists and administration support.
- Increasing the number of medium complexity chemotherapy units in regional SA from three to six, to enable more complex treatments to be delivered safely closer to home for people living with cancer in regional areas. This will result in each new regional local health network having a medium complexity chemotherapy unit.
- Piloting a shared GP oncology care model.
1 Dec 2021 10:09 am