- SA Healthy Towns Challenge is a grants program for regional and rural towns to develop preventive health programs within their community.
- Grants of up to $50,000 each were provided for the following projects in Round 2.
- Copley Outdoor Gym: Built exercise equipment stations to increase physical activity and reduce social isolation.
- Coonalpyn Fresh Food Project: Developed a community garden to encourage community to be active and eat well.
- Green Gym in Yanakalilla: Delivered Green Gym program to positively improve physical and mental wellbeing.
- Green Gym in Two Wells: Delivered Green Gym program to positively improve physical and mental wellbeing.
- Ceduna Youth Hub Bikes Palya Holiday Program: Provision of a fleet of bicycles complemented with Bikes Palya program to promote healthy lifestyles for school-aged children and youth.
- Leigh Creek Akurra Trail: Built multi-use trail linking the town to Aroona Dam to promote physical activity and health outcomes for youth and community members.
Locations across Copley, Coonalpyn, Yankalilla, Carrickalinga, Normanville, Myponga, Rapid Bay, Wirrina Cove, Two Wells, Mallala, Lewiston, Dublin, Ceduna, Koonibba and Leigh Creek.
17 Jun 2021 2:11 am