- The Wakefield Regional Council has been announced to receive $1.6 million from the State Government's Local Government Infrastructure Partnership Program.*
- The project is to deliver a new and upgraded pool for the community.
- It involves replacing the cracked shell of the main swimming pool with a brand new 25-metre swimming facility, disability access to bring the facility in line with modern standards and legislative requirements, racing lanes and diving blocks to promote greater sport and recreation activities (including school swimming carnivals), splash pad to enhance the experience for children under 5 and provide a welcome cool space in the Mid-North town of Balaklava.
- The Local Government Infrastructure Partnership Program was established to support councils to accelerate spending on community infrastructure projects that contribute to the future economic growth of the region, or support the Government’s Growth State agenda, or improve local infrastructure facilities for businesses and community organisations to enable them to grow in the future, or upgrade key community facilities.
- Applications to the Local Government Infrastructure Partnership Program are now closed.
- For more information on the Local Government Infrastructure Partnership Program click here.
*The project scope is contingent on Commonwealth funding.