- The Coorong District Council has been announced to receive $900,000 from the State Government's Local Government Infrastructure Partnership Program.*
- The project is to upgrade 13 high risk intersections (Stage 1).
- These upgrades will include seal widening allowing B-Double vehicles to turn from the Council road onto the key freight route without having to cross the centreline.
- Additionally sight lines will be improved to allow vehicles to safely turn.
- In some instances where cost dictates, Rural Junction Active Warning System (RJAWS) will be utilised.
- The Local Government Infrastructure Partnership Program was established to support councils to accelerate spending on community infrastructure projects that contribute to the future economic growth of the region, or support the Government’s Growth State agenda, or improve local infrastructure facilities for businesses and community organisations to enable them to grow in the future, or upgrade key community facilities.
- Applications to the Local Government Infrastructure Partnership Program are now closed.
- For more information on the Local Government Infrastructure Partnership Program click here.
*The project scope is contingent on Commonwealth funding.