- The District Council of Lower Eyre Peninsula has been announced to receive $918,250 from the State Government's Local Government Infrastructure Partnership Program.
- The project involves an upgrade of Flinders Highway to reconstruct 1.39 kilometres of the road and two key intersections.
- The project will form part of the tourist route to Port Lincoln from Coffin Bay and Elliston via the Winter Hill Lookout.
- It also provides an alternative light freight route to the Port Lincoln central business district and intersects with heavy freight routes used to access grain and fertiliser bulk handing sites.
- The Local Government Infrastructure Partnership Program was established to support councils to accelerate spending on community infrastructure projects that contribute to the future economic growth of the region, or support the Government’s Growth State agenda, or improve local infrastructure facilities for businesses and community organisations to enable them to grow in the future, or upgrade key community facilities.
- Applications to the Local Government Infrastructure Partnership Program are now closed.
- For more information on the Local Government Infrastructure Partnership Program click here.
25 Jun 2021 12:58 am