- The District Council of Kimba has been announced to receive $115,162 from the State Government's Local Government Infrastructure Partnership Program.
- The project involves replacing existing one bedroom units at the Kimba Pioneer Memorial Village.
- Two of the one bedroom units have been removed and will be replaced with a larger; purpose built 2 bedroom unit in which couples will be able to comfortably reside.
- The unit will be age care friendly, with ease of access, mixer taps, wider doors, low care floor coverings and non slip tiling in wet areas some of the features along with access to a small garden for their own use.
- The Local Government Infrastructure Partnership Program was established to support councils to accelerate spending on community infrastructure projects that contribute to the future economic growth of the region, or support the Government’s Growth State agenda, or improve local infrastructure facilities for businesses and community organisations to enable them to grow in the future, or upgrade key community facilities.
- Applications to the Local Government Infrastructure Partnership Program are now closed.
- For more information on the Local Government Infrastructure Partnership Program click here.
23 Jun 2021 3:10 am