- The Kingston District Council has been announced to receive $662,000 from the State Government's Local Government Infrastructure Partnership Program.*
- The project is to construct a new visitor reception and interpretive centre to enhance the capacity to deliver tourism experiences at the Cape Jaffa Lighthouse, develop new opportunities for night time opening and events, as well as providing a new facility for community and private hire.
- The Local Government Infrastructure Partnership Program was established to support councils to accelerate spending on community infrastructure projects that contribute to the future economic growth of the region, or support the Government’s Growth State agenda, or improve local infrastructure facilities for businesses and community organisations to enable them to grow in the future, or upgrade key community facilities.
- Applications to the Local Government Infrastructure Partnership Program are now closed.
- For more information on the Local Government Infrastructure Partnership Program click here.
*The project scope is contingent on Commonwealth funding.