- The Mid Murray Council has been announced to receive $1.55 million from the State Government's Local Government Infrastructure Partnership Program.
- The project is to upgrade 8kms of the Murraylands Road between Blanchetown and Morgan, South Australia.
- Structural improvements to the road will increase load capacity and safety of freight and passenger vehicles.
- The larger capacity vehicles will reduce the number of vehicles required to transport a given amount of freight , increasing productivity, efficiency and safety of freight and passenger movement along the route.
- The Local Government Infrastructure Partnership Program was established to support councils to accelerate spending on community infrastructure projects that contribute to the future economic growth of the region, or support the Government’s Growth State agenda, or improve local infrastructure facilities for businesses and community organisations to enable them to grow in the future, or upgrade key community facilities.
- Applications to the Local Government Infrastructure Partnership Program are now closed.
- For more information on the Local Government Infrastructure Partnership Program click here.
21 Jun 2021 3:38 pm