- The District Council of Grant has been announced to receive $850,000 from the State Government's Local Government Infrastructure Partnership Program.*
- The project is to provide a roof over the complex, together with the reconfiguration of pens and laneways beneath the roof area.
- Roofing the complex will enable the installation of new soft flooring throughout, providing significant animal welfare benefits in terms of hoof care.
- Long term benefits will see improved livestock quality and meat yields through protection from hoof soreness and harsh weather conditions.
- Protection from the weather will provide a safe and enjoyable workplace for stock agents, buyers and staff, as well as providing protection of yards and equipment, thereby extending the lifespan of the facility.
- Roofing the complex will allow the installation of solar panels and cost effective LED lighting throughout. The ability to capture, filter to drinkable standards and store 726,000 litres of water run-off will provide significant benefits, in terms of water capture and reuse.
- The Local Government Infrastructure Partnership Program was established to support councils to accelerate spending on community infrastructure projects that contribute to the future economic growth of the region, or support the Government’s Growth State agenda, or improve local infrastructure facilities for businesses and community organisations to enable them to grow in the future, or upgrade key community facilities.
- Applications to the Local Government Infrastructure Partnership Program are now closed.
- For more information on the Local Government Infrastructure Partnership Program click here.
*The project scope is contingent on Commonwealth funding.