- The City of Port Lincoln has been announced to receive $3.64 million from the State Government's Local Government Infrastructure Partnership Program.
- The project is to improve connectivity to the Port Lincoln CBD and main street; to create a jetty plaza public area with pop up café/restaurant; and to enable docking of large vessels and growing new marine tourism activities.
- The Port Lincoln Foreshore will become a new destination for Port Lincoln visitors and residents.
- Flexible staging areas will provide a focal point attracting a greater number and size of cultural and music events and festivals, while beach access and better connections to the Parnkalla (Barngarla) Trail will combine to make the foreshore an iconic public space in Port Lincoln.
- The Local Government Infrastructure Partnership Program was established to support councils to accelerate spending on community infrastructure projects that contribute to the future economic growth of the region, or support the Government’s Growth State agenda, or improve local infrastructure facilities for businesses and community organisations to enable them to grow in the future, or upgrade key community facilities.
- Applications to the Local Government Infrastructure Partnership Program are now closed.
- For more information on the Local Government Infrastructure Partnership Program click here.
23 Jun 2021 2:59 am