- The District Council of Mount Remarkable has been announced to receive $329,396 from the State Government's Local Government Infrastructure Partnership Program.
- The project is to further develop Rail Trails for the region specifically the section from Booleroo Centre to Stone Hut via Wirrabara.
- This development will make use of the old rail corridor for diverse recreational use such as walking, running and cycling.
- The Rail Trail will coincide with the existing corridor from Wilmington to Melrose and Melrose to Booleroo Centre.
- It will eventually link with other corridors and trail networks in the Southern Flinders district including the Heysen and Mawson Trails and the Riesling Trail to the South.
- The Local Government Infrastructure Partnership Program was established to support councils to accelerate spending on community infrastructure projects that contribute to the future economic growth of the region, or support the Government’s Growth State agenda, or improve local infrastructure facilities for businesses and community organisations to enable them to grow in the future, or upgrade key community facilities.
- Applications to the Local Government Infrastructure Partnership Program are now closed.
- For more information on the Local Government Infrastructure Partnership Program click here.
15 Jun 2021 2:01 pm