- The Municipal Council of Roxby Downs has been announced to receive $625,986 from the State Government's Local Government Infrastructure Partnership Program.
- The project is to build a low maintenance community-based bicycle pump track.
- A pump track is a circuit of rollers, turns and features for bike riders to ‘pump’ or generate momentum by up and down body movements, instead of pedalling.
- Pump tracks can be ridden by cyclists of all ages and skill levels. No special bikes are needed.
- The Local Government Infrastructure Partnership Program was established to support councils to accelerate spending on community infrastructure projects that contribute to the future economic growth of the region, or support the Government’s Growth State agenda, or improve local infrastructure facilities for businesses and community organisations to enable them to grow in the future, or upgrade key community facilities.
- Applications to the Local Government Infrastructure Partnership Program are now closed.
- For more information on the Local Government Infrastructure Partnership Program click here.
14 Jun 2021 11:55 am