- The District Council of Barunga West, in a joint application with Yorke Peninsula Council and District Council of Copper Coast, has been announced to receive $2.56 million from the State Government's Local Government Infrastructure Partnership Program.
- The project is a regional road network package that will deliver reconstruction works, shoulder sealing and safety enhancements to benefit the freight industry, regional communities and tourists.
- The project will be a coordinated and complementary program of road upgrade works by three adjoining councils.
- The result will be quality, safe roads that link and traverse the three districts for the benefit of the industry.
- The work will be focused on ensuring effective "first and last" mile freight route conditions affecting a significant portion of the state's grain transport area with flow-on cost benefits to businesses.
- The Local Government Infrastructure Partnership Program was established to support councils to accelerate spending on community infrastructure projects that contribute to the future economic growth of the region, or support the Government’s Growth State agenda, or improve local infrastructure facilities for businesses and community organisations to enable them to grow in the future, or upgrade key community facilities.
- Applications to the Local Government Infrastructure Partnership Program are now closed.
- For more information on the Local Government Infrastructure Partnership Program click here.
15 Jun 2021 12:50 pm