- The District Council of Streaky Bay has been announced to receive $392,287 from the State Government's Local Government Infrastructure Partnership Program.*
- The project is to provide improved road access, stormwater management and diversion from ocean discharge, safe pedestrian and cyclist access, improved road safety, traffic calming and a road and associated infrastructure network that supports local industry.
- In addition the East to West road network upgrade will provide safe mode of travel for towing vehicles from the Port Lincoln highway into the Foreshore Tourist Park.
- Improved safety and road accessibility for heavy vehicles from the western farming district to bulk handling facilities.
- The Local Government Infrastructure Partnership Program was established to support councils to accelerate spending on community infrastructure projects that contribute to the future economic growth of the region, or support the Government’s Growth State agenda, or improve local infrastructure facilities for businesses and community organisations to enable them to grow in the future, or upgrade key community facilities.
- Applications to the Local Government Infrastructure Partnership Program are now closed.
- For more information on the Local Government Infrastructure Partnership Program click here.
*The project scope is contingent on Commonwealth funding.